Korra Obidi: Who is She?
Famous Nigerian professional dancer, singer-songwriter, actor in movies, and model Korra Obidi. She is well known for her distinctive sense of style in clothing, for which online bullies frequently criticize and harass her. She keeps herself in the spotlight in some ways through her contentious fashion choices and social media habits, and thus far, she is loving every minute of it.
She is probably one of the most misunderstood public people because of how the general public’s perception of her has affected a lot of things. I’d like to offer information about her in this article, along with anything else you may or may not know about her. Let’s take a short look at her profile summary before I do that.
|Birth Name||Anita Chukwumfumnaya Obidi|
|Birth City||Lagos State|
|Date of birth||June 23, 1994|
|State of Origin||Delta State|
|Sister||Uche Umeh (nee Obidi)|
|Ex-husband||Dr. Justin Dean|
|Daughters||June Dean and Athena Dean|
|Skin Color/Hair Color||Black/Black|
|Education||Command Secondary School, Ojo Lagos,|
University of Lagos
|Net worth||$500,000 – $1,000,000|
Korra Obidi Biography, Age
Anita Chukwumfumnaya Obidi was given the name Korra Obidi on June 23, 1994, in Lagos State, Nigeria. When was Korra Obidi born? She is a 31-year-old native of the Delta State Ogboli clan in the Oshimili North Local Government District. Despite the fact that she was raised in Lagos State, her family is originally from the South Southern region of Nigeria. Nancy Umeh and Charity Korra are her siblings; Anthony and the late Pauline Obidi are her parents. Nancy Umeh (née Obidi) is one of Charity Korra’s one brother and two sisters.
Nancy Umeh and Charity are her siblings, and Anthony and the late Pauline Obidi are her parents.
She was brought up in a Christian home, as far as I know, and her parents were members of Deeper Christian Life Ministries. She still places a high value on her Christian beliefs but in a more liberal setting. Her family’s obvious love of music spurred her interest in music from an early age, and her childhood years were full of memorable moments.
Chukwumfumnaya Anita Obidi completed her schooling by attending a local school in Lagos State, where she acquired her First School Leaving Certificate. She later enrolled at Command Secondary School, Ojo Lagos, where she obtained her West African Examination Certificate. She attended the elite University of Lagos for her undergraduate studies from 2007 to 2011, where she earned a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration.
Korra Obidi is flexible and has a slender body type like most people who enjoy dancing. She measures 1.7 meters, or 5 feet 7 inches, in height.
Is Korra Obidi Married?
Yes, Dr. Justin Dean and Korra Obidi were married, but they are now divorced.
Dr. Justin, her husband, was created on June 30th, 1988 in the USA (34 years old). He is a sports therapist and chiropractor from the United States, and his physiotherapy practice is recognized by the name “Dean’s Sports Therapist.” He is also the creator of the “NeuroCentric Approach,” a holistic pain management technique. He graduated from Eastern Oregon University in 2011 with a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology and Exercise Science. He also graduated from the University of Western States with a doctorate in chiropractic (class of 2014).
While Korra was teaching the Mandarin language via dance in Shanghai, China, she met her husband, Dr. Justin, using the Tinder dating app. Dr. Justin, on the other hand, worked as a sports therapist for the Chinese Olympic team. Following their first encounters, they began dating and spent a few years courting.
They exchanged traditional vows in a wedding ceremony that was performed in Lagos State in December 2017. They welcomed their first child, a girl called June Dean, on July 9, 2019. (3 years old). They welcomed their second daughter and final child together on March 2, 2022, and they called her Athena Jean (12 months old).
Korra Obidi’s Divorce
Dr. Justin Obidi, the husband of Korra Obidi, announced on his Instagram account that he sought a divorce from Korra in March 2022, just a few days after the birth of their second child. Meanwhile, Justin’s earlier post was interpreted as a joke by fans and followers. Justin posted a message on his Instagram story with the caption “Not a joke” to reiterate his submission.
“Korra Obidi and I are divorcing. It has ended! I would no longer put up with this treatment. I gave it everything I had to make it work. I tried my best but I didn’t want this, and now my heart is destroyed. Dr. Justin accused Korra of mistreatment in an Instagram post, writing, “I loved her, I supported her, and I don’t deserve the way I was treated.
When Dr. Justin Dean accused Korra Obidi of infidelity, financial mismanagement, and domestic violence, their relationship ended. He requested spousal support as a result, but the Californian court was unable to comply.
The couple’s divorce proceedings are over, but there’s still more. According to the court order that formally ended their marriage, neither Korra nor Dr. Justin would have complete custody of their kids, nor would they be permitted to take photos of them and post them on social media.
They used to frequently share images and videos of their young children on their various social media pages. Online users accused them of abusing their children in order to further their own interests.
Korra Obidi Career
When Anita Chukwumfumnaya Obidi was sixteen years old, she began her profession. She appeared in a music video for a song by the Nigerian female rapper Sasha P, marking her dance debut. She began her modeling career while she was a student at the University of Lagos, where she also won various prizes in competitions;
- She was named Miss Congenial for Global Nigeria in 2014.
- She once made an appearance as one of the notable guests at the Port Harcourt International Fashion Week and the GTBank Fashion Week.
- She was one of the African performers at the Burj AI Arab Event in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- She held the titles of Miss Moremi and Miss Radiography at the University of Lagos in 2007.
Her performance in Davido’s 2014 song Owo Ni Koko brought Korra to public attention. Later, in 2017, she was nominated for Best Dancer at the AFRIMMA.
She participated in the season of America Talent Show called “So You Think You Can Dance” in 2019. She won viewers’ hearts because she flexed her figure despite being significantly pregnant at the time of the competition even though she was quite pregnant. She was also one of the performers chosen for the renowned “Basketball Africa League 2017/2018 season.”
As a young actor, Korra had a brief cameo. She did, however, make her return to the silver screen in 2022 with the Nollywood blockbuster “What If.” She then appeared in more films and TV shows, such as;
- Lumba Boys, alongside Francis Duru
- Another Ordinary Day
- Saro, the Musical
- The Flatmates
She is the founder and CEO of the art company “Korr Arts,” which is situated in Los Angeles, California. She specializes in ballet, Indian classical, Latin ballroom, belly dance, and a few modern dance moves. She has a group of supporters known as “Koreans.” Her business email address is contactkorraobidi.com, and her website is korraobidi.com.
Korra Obidi Books
A few of Korra’s novels could be of interest to you. Here are a few of her books:
- On March 18, 2021, Korra Obidi will release her book My Pregnancy. The 30-page book is a diary-like narrative in which she chronicles her first pregnancy’s first three trimesters. Together with advice on the diet, she followed to manage, she also provided recommendations on preventing stretchmarks and headaches.
- The McBride Collection of Tales LLC published Korra and the Last Seed of Odinani in March 2022 with the primary goal of educating children about Nigerian culture. She uses contemporary thinking and the advice of her family to convey the tale of Princess Korra, who is on a quest to protect the seven kingdoms in Delta from pollution.
It’s Korra time: On January 31, 2023, Korra Obidi’s book, published as an Amazon Best Seller, details the events surrounding her marriage to Dr. Justin Dean and the subsequent divorce. She described her journey from Lagos to China, where she met her husband, their union, their move to the United States, and ultimately their divorce. Every story has two sides, in her opinion.
Her ex-husband Dr. Justin threatened legal action against “Korra Is Live” after the publication of Korra is Live. Since this story was published, he has not taken any action.
Korra Obidi Music Career, Songs
In 2015, Korra Obidi released her first song as a musician, “Guy Like You.” She has already released more than ten tracks, including these.
- Money be person
- Vibration featuring Victoria Kimani
- Rest of mind
The “Woman Power Series” album by Korra, released in 2016, has nine songs, including Sugar, Man Like You, No Time, Jeje, and others. She then published a 4-track EP album called “Sounds From The Throne Room” five years later. Knock on Wood and Toxic Love are two of the songs from Korra’s 2023 4-track EP.
So Big Korra is one of her popular tracks and it went viral on social media because of the Amapiano beats and dance moves. Big Korra is one of her hit singles and it went viral on social media.
Korra Obidi Net worth
The estimated net worth of Korra Obidi ranges from $500,000 to $1 million. She works as a musician, dancer, actress, and social media influencer, which contributes to her net worth.
Korra Obidi Social Media Accounts
- Facebook: Korra Obidi (@korraobidi1), who joined on May 24, 2011, has 6.7 million followers.
- @korraobidi on Instagram (1.6 million followers) — commenced in April 2012
- Instagram: @korraobidi (1.7 million followers, 18.6 million likes)
- @korraobidi on Twitter (10.9k thousand followers)
- Korra Obidi @korraobidi on YouTube (338k thousand followers, 315 videos; 59.07 million views) — a member since June 14, 2014
Concerning Korra Obidi FAQ
- Is Korra Obidi well-off? She is, indeed. It is obvious that she is wealthy when you consider her net worth and successful profession.
- Where does Korra Obidi Live? She is a Californian resident. Her home’s precise address is in Santa Monica, California, in the United States. She does, however, occasionally travel to Nigeria, her place of origin.
- Which State is Korra Obidi from? Korra is a native of Nigeria’s Delta State.
- How old is the husband of Korra Obidi? Dr. Justin Dean, Korra’s spouse, is 34 years old.
- How old is the daughter of Korra Obidi? June Dean, her older daughter, is three years old, and Athena Dean, her younger daughter, is one year old.
- Korra Obidi: A Princess or Not? Because of her royal ancestry, Korra is legally a princess.
Tell us what you think about Korra Obidi. Is she a favorite dancer of yours, as well as a popular figure on social media? Have you seen any of her films? What about her online persona do you like best? Please share further information in the comments area.