Eduardo Cruz, Who is He?
Spanish singer, songwriter, and producer Eduardo Cruz is well-known for his contributions to the electronic music scene and for writing film scores. He is known as the younger brother of Spanish actors Penélope Cruz and Mónica Cruz.
I’d like to provide some interesting facts and other information about Eduardo Cruz in this article that you may or may not have read before.
Eduardo Cruz Biography, Age
In 1985, in the Spanish municipality of San Sebastián de los Reyes, Eduardo Cruz Sánchez was born. He is the only son and the third child of his parents. He was raised in Spain and is 38 years old. He has white skin, dark brown hair, and attractive dark brown eyes.
Encarna Sanchez and Eduardo Cruz Sr. are Cruz Jr.’s parents. But his dad passed away (born in 1953; aged 62). On June 18, 2015, at his house in Southeast Spain, he passed away following a heart attack. When he was alive, his mother Sanchez worked as a local hairdresser and his father Cruz Sr. was a neighborhood retailer and auto mechanic.
Eduardo’s childhood was difficult when his parents divorced. He was about fourteen years old when his parents split in 1999, and his mother was in charge of raising him and his two sisters. His father wed Carmen Moreno in 2003, less than five years after his parent’s divorce was finalized. On February 24, 2012, he gave birth to a girl named Salma Cruz.
Eduardo Cruz’ Sisters
Eduardo has two older sisters in addition to his half-sister Salma Cruz, who is currently 11 years old. Famous Spanish actors Penélope Cruz and Mónica Cruz are his sisters. Leo Encinas Cruz and Luna Encinas Cruz are the children of his older sister Penélope Cruz and her husband, Javier Bardem. Antonella Cruz Sánchez is the lone child of his immediate older sister.
Eduardo Cruz Career, Songs
Cruz Jr. became interested in music at a very young age, and in 1999, at the age of 14, he began to compose. His musical career began with Hispanic music. Nonetheless, after finding popularity as a vocalist of Latin music, he later made the decision to pursue his actual passion for electronic music and, subsequently, a film score composer.
Cruz Jr. already had the two albums Cosas Que Contar and AMARTE MAS under his belt before branching out into other genres. From his 2006 pop album “Cosas Que Contar,” which was produced by Aureo Baqueiro, the song “Tu Manera” made it to the T4C’s Top 40 Charts once. It spent a total of seven weeks in the charts, which added up to 41 days. A quick web search reveals that Warner Musica’s YouTube account has thousands of views for the song Tu Manera right now.
Cruz Jr. continues to work in the music business. These are a few of the more than thirty tracks he has so far released;
- Quisiera (Graba Tu Rola, 2022)
- El Amor Comienza
- Todo Amor Que Eu Tenho por Ti (2022)
- Camminando Per Sarajevo
- Vou pra Casa do Pai (2020)
- Fontana di Sarajevo
- Un cántico Nuevo (2014)
- Camminando Per Sarajevo
- Protesto em Formar de Trap (2019)
- Donde Estas (2006)
- Cosas Que Contar (2006)
- Ni Tu Ni Yo (2006)
- Assim Como Paulo (2021)
- No Hay Nada Que Hacer (2006)
Eduardo Cruz made his debut as a film composer in 2011 with the Rob Marshall-helmed movie “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.” He uses his musical expertise and love of movies to compose music for a number of movies, video games, well-known solo artists, and advertisements. Eduardo consistently contributes his greatest work in the form of music, using his unique compositional abilities to help filmmakers bring their stories to life. The following are a few of his film scores, listed in no particular order;
- Sergio Castellitto’s Twice Born’ (Venuto al mondo, 2012)
- Jose Zambrano Cassella’s The Moment (2017)
- Rob Marshall’s Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011, tango ‘Angelica’)
- Brian Harrison’s Hell Follows (2017)
- Adolfo Martínez Pérez’ Rescue Under Fire (additional music) Theme song producer (2017)
- Paolo Jaré’s Le Idi di Marzo (2015)
- Eva Moreno & Juan Carlos Vellido’s Síndrome (2014)
To further enhance their tracks, Eduardo has collaborated with a number of well-known brands and production houses. As a result, in Miguel Bose’s album Papitwo, he is given credit for writing the song “Decirnos Adios” (2012). Along with co-writing Expectativas (2017), he is also recognized for creating and releasing a number of songs under the Optimist alias, including “Sexy Toy,” which has amassed over 1.5 million Spotify streams.
These are just a few of the advertisements and documentaries that Eduardo Cruz has produced or co-produced:
- Explosion Mascara commercial (Composer/Producer), 2007
- Damas jewelry Dubai commercial (Composer/Producer), 2016
- L’Agent Provocateur (Composer/Producer), 2014
- Karmi beer (Composer/Producer), 2015
- Nintendo Professeur Layton (Composer/Producer), 2012
- Liverpool v2 (Composer/Producer), 2011
- L’Oréal Telescopic Explosion Mascara commercial (Composer/Producer), 2007
- Liverpool v1 (Composer/Producer), 2011
- L’Agent by Agent Provocateur Winter (2013)
- L’oreal Casting Creme Gloss (Composer/Producer), 2011
- Rob Marshall’s Trésor de Lancôme commercial (Composer/Producer), 2013
- EPSON Printer (Composer/Producer), 2014
- Karmi beer campaign (Composer/Producer), 2017
- Penélope Cruz’ Yo soy uno entre cien mil (Composer/Producer), 2017
- Campaign (Composer/Producer), 2013
- Trésor’s Eau de Parfum de Lancôme (Composer/Producer), 2012
For his contribution to the song In Los Margenes by Rozalén and Ismael Guijarro, Eduardo was given a Goya award.
Eduardo Cruz’s Wife, Daughter
Eva De Domini is a model and actress from Argentina who is now Eduardo’s girlfriend. Eva De Domini, now 27 years old, was born Eva Carolina Quattrocci on April 21, 1995. In March 2018, she and Eduardo began dating. Eva had a love relationship with the actor Fabián Mazzei before Cruz (March 2016 – 2018).
On October 6, 2019, Eduardo and Eva gave birth to a child they named Cairo Cruz. The couple is still together. Our research indicates that Eduardo Cruz, his partner Eva, and their daughter Cairo are currently residing in Los Angeles, California. Please read this article to learn more about his daughter, Caira Cruz.
Eduardo’s Net worth, Instagram
The estimated net worth of Eduardo Sánchez ranges from $500,000 to $1 million. He earns a living by working in the entertainment business. Eva De Domini, his partner, is thought to be worth between $2 million and $5 million.
His Instagram handle of Eduardo is @educruzcontrol. Although his account is private, we can still see that he has posted 284 times. He has more than 34.5 thousand followers as well.
Tell us what you think about Eduardo Cruz. Is he among your favorite producers, composers, and singers? Did you first become aware of him through his profession or through his connections to Penelope and Monica? Let’s have a brief conversation in the comments section about all that.